Production Blog: Breaking News!!

 

Hii!

My group and I have the filming completed for our video. Today consisted of reviewing, editing, and coming up with a script for the background news voiceover. 

I got my future plans in order as I was getting disordered about my plans. I wrote everything I needed to write down and I made a list of what I needed to do. Here, I also added extra homework and classwork from different classes so I can properly manage when I can get things done. When things are in order I feel much at ease and like I can work on my blogs stress free and I feel like that is the best mindset to work with. So this was something I felt like I had to do before getting started on my work.

I worked on the script for the news. Since we have a thing going about the electrical bill being high, I was aiming for news about global warming and how it connects with rising electrical bills. I did some background research on global warming when I remembered something fits perfectly with what the opening is about. 

In short, there was a recent discovery in the Antarctica of possible proof of a parallel universe. Scientists caught this by watching particles move backwards. I'm no science nor expert on the Antarctic so I can only say what I understood and not the scientific terms. My point is, since the opening has something to do with the character switching worlds that look similar, I felt like this was perfect to write on the script. However, as I was writing I felt like it was too much especially for news. It felt like it was something that seemed too fake or it gave away what we wanted to keep subtle. 

Instead, I went for something related to the Antarctica but it was completely fake. It went something along about recent discoveries of a prehistoric plant dating back 9 million years when the Antarctica used to be a jungle. Crazy. I felt like that was more believable than parallel universes.

Along with pseudoscience news, I added some truth as well. I included statistics of the relation of U.S and carbon emission. Not surprised that 30% percent of global warming comes from the U.S. 

I finished the script for the most part but I still need to discuss it with the rest of my group to see if we can make it better. We also need to decide who will be the voice for the news people in the background and then after we will be close to completion and I really can't wait to see the finished product.

Below is a photo of the script and the red represents what can be changed or what needs be discussed. 







Comments